Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

REQ: Add a way to show battery life in NUMBERS.

Earlier tonight, I got an e-mail saying a camera had about 13% battery life left. I'd like to see this numerical value manually whenever checking on the cameras online.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

kdallen001
Novice

I am waiting for the update to IOS apps that will provide the numeric percentage for battery life to become available.

However, I find the location you currently have for displaying the numeric percentage of battery life to be somewhat cumbersome, why bury this value so deep into the interface? why not just put it on the camera page either next to the battery indicator or allow the user an option for displaying one of the two or both in the camera display?

Regards,

Keith

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented

CPFerd
Fledgling

Why did you remove the battery indicator from the App home screen?  This is critical to security.  Please put it back right away!  My App does not allow me to check battery status anywhere, not just on home screen.  Major fail! Currently, I have to go to my laptop and log into my Arlo account to find the battery status.  This is unacceptable.  Basically, I do not know my battery is too low, until I get a notice that it is almost drained.  Too little, too late. Fix it now, or I may have to switch to your competitor!

TomMac
Guru

If on web you place the mouse over the battery, it shows the % of battery...

or in app, hit the " gear" icon and it will list the battery level with settings

homey2
Initiate

On the IOS version of the app, on the home screen ("Devices"), next to each screen of the device there is a gear. Touch the gear and the battery level appears.

I agree is was easier to have it next to each device

CPFerd
Fledgling

Thank you both for your replies. My problem is that when I tap the gear symbol for a particular camera, there is no battery symbol or status/info at all. I will try to attach a screenshot. 

CPFerd
Fledgling

20190316_182616.jpg

@CPFerd wrote:

Why did you remove the battery indicator from the App home screen?  This is critical to security.  Please put it back right away!  My App does not allow me to check battery status anywhere, not just on home screen.  Major fail! Currently, I have to go to my laptop and log into my Arlo account to find the battery status.  This is unacceptable.  Basically, I do not know my battery is too low, until I get a notice that it is almost drained.  Too little, too late. Fix it now, or I may have to switch to your competitor!

CPFerd
Fledgling

20190316_184338.jpg

CPFerd
Fledgling

As you can see above, there is a useless indicator on home screen, and NO indicator at all when I click on gear symbol for that specific device. I have been all through my App and battery status is missing at this time. See screenshots.