Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Prioritised activity zones

Different priority activity zones
E.g.
Motion in level 1 zone = record only
Motion in level 2 zone = record and notification
Motion in level 3 zone = record, notify and siren
Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

HI @Iceblade

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

Thank you for posting your idea!

oatesj
Novice

As a user, I would like to define different notifications per zone on a single camera.

Example: I have a camera on my driveway, that also captures the street. I would like to define a zone for my driveway, and receive notifications to my app/phone when motion is detected. I would also like to define a zone for the street that would capture video, but not send a notification.

My main reason for this feature: I recently added a doorbell camera that can see my porch, and the street behind. I get notifications all day long as people and cars go past. I do not need to be notified of these events, but I do want to have a recording history of the street. There have been some criminal issues in the area, and having a video capture would possibly help. I want to capture video for both, but if I am getting notifications for every event in the street, I will suffer from notification overload, and possibly miss when someone actually approaches the door.