Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Preventing rain from accumulating on a camera lens

Hi All,

I've been testing the Arlo Pro 3 and in the rain it does get some moisture which clings to the face and requires being wiped off.

I've research super hydrophic solutions for optics as a possible solution as I think it would be quite effective.  Has Arlo looked into this yet?  Would Arlo sell something like this if it were available?

I've looked at other options.  The most simple being a 3 litre milk container which would provide a roof, a curving cut away front roof (to prevent straight edges which cause drips) and sides which would prevent some wind blown rain.

I've also looked into using a transparent face visor like you would use as a transparent face shield in the medical industry as a possible roof.

I also think it may be possible to adapt a solar roof for an outdoor camera with a transparent front and sides and possibly with a wifi range extender built into it.

Cheers

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!