Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Mode for monitoring when hearing noises while trying to rest/sleep

The website - arlo.netgear.com - could really use an option for a dark background (should be someting as simple as changing the background color from #FFF to #000 --- and the advantage I see here is I can leave the cameras monitoring while I am resting or sleeping on my desktop near my bed, and if there is a noise in the house, I would then be able to glance at the monitor and verify it was either nothing or whatever, and then could go back to resting/sleeping etc. without a bright background keeping me awake.

Often times, they call the dark background "night mode" if you're looking for a name, and yes, during the day maybe a 'day mode' with a bright background like the existing is not a bad idea -- the idea is the screen color should generally match the ambient lighting.

Comments
MikeMTI
Novice
Hello Arlo team,

I would like to make a suggestion for the Apple app for my iPad or iPhone. Some websites offer “night mode” which you can toggle from a white background to a black background reducing the strain on your eyes. Thank you for your time.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Baetis
Onlooker

I love this suggestion. I use my Arlo to monitor my elderly mother and check on her when she gets up at night. The white background is quite hard on the eyes. 

I’m a huge fan of dark backgrounds and would likely use this setting exclusively. 

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

robwilkens42
Guide

I want to add while I'm thinking about it -- Having this available, for example, on a tablet app might not be a bad idea as well, for similar reasons.

Vince123456
Aspirant

Yes please, we absolutely need a dark mode for the mobile app.

Lfvoliveira
Fledgling

Please do it in the mobile app. It would help a lot in the night. If possible when you do it, also change the arlo loading when we open the app (it have a lot of white).

i think this is something that you can change really quickly.

Mhoffert724
Aspirant

Omg yes! Hurts my eyes in the middle of the night, which is usually when I use it.