Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mute notifications for 6 and 8 hours and not just 1, 3, and 24 hours.

Please modify your app to allow me to mute the notifications for 6 and 8 hours and not just the 1, 3, and 24 hours currently allowed.  Some of us would like to mute it while we sleep but not have to remember to un-mute it in the morning like I need to do if I mute it for 24 hours which is the only currently useable option for sleeping all night.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JameyR

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

jayvbe
Fledgling

Rather than temporarily muting notifications (which I don't know is even possible on iPhone), it would be better to go in the app and disarm a camera or the entire system for a predefined duration 1,2,4,8,... hours, eg when kids are playingin in range of the sensor or someone is working around the house, basically any unplanned event.

Manually disarming the system usually means it will be forgotten to be turned back on after the ad hoc event which defeats the purpose of the camera's to begin with.

Just silencing notifications would still waste camera battery,  waste upload bandwidth for consumers and for arlo, wastes storage space on the arlo cloud.

Everyone wins!

Similarly, I would like to be able to set times of day where it still records but I do not receive notifications. I use Arlo for my small warehouse and office. I'm moving around a lot but would like the option to still have the camera recording in case someone else enters, an accident happens, etc. That said, having more durations for muted notifications would work just fine.. It's a big jump from 3 to 24 hours. An 8 or 10 hour option would be very helpful. 

Thank you.