Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion trigger from one camera enables recording on another

This would be a great feature.  For example, front porch camera detects motion and records but it's linked to a tree camera in the same general direction (but not in good motion detection range) starts to record as well, to get a different angle. 

Please do this!

Comments
RobertRosal
Virtuoso

You can already do this. Do a quick search there are many how to's on it.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented

minime99
Novice

I have arlo q cameras and I can not find either the (a) "+" add rules button nor (b) can I figure out how to change the camera in the "then" part of the rule - it seems to be statically that one and no other. Please advise!

JamesC
Community Manager

minime99,

You can add rules when creating a custom mode, take a look here for more information: How do I create a new mode for my Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus cameras?

Arlo Q cameras currently cannot interact this way with other cameras, so in the rules, if Arlo Q detects motion, it can only trigger itself to record.

JamesC

Dave09876
Aspirant

Why cant someone just add the instruction link on these posts?  The first answer says search for the how tos.  Where the heck is that?  Just add the friggin link.  

Does anyone know the instructions to set one cam to trigger another?  Please post either the instructions or the link.  

JamesC
Community Manager

Dave09876,

This is done by creating a a custom mode and then creating a custom rule instructing one camera to trigger another. Take a look here for more information: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC