Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

More customization for grant access users and turn off push notifications for "Battery is low"

Hi- I was very disappointed this weekend with my new Arlo security system in place.  We purchased this system because we had heard good things about it. Most generally it well except for one small issue I had.  We purchased this because we have a difficult family dynamic where we needed indoor cameras to prevent further issues for our family. Our children see our phones sometimes,  and they are usually in view in the car when we are using navigation.  We did NOT want our children to know of the security upgrades we had made for many reasons. I did everything in my power to test the system, turn notifications on and off, email notifications, push notifications, etc. I wanted to determine what, how, and when a notification would show on my phone, and how it showed.  We needed our exterior camera to show push notification as this alerts us when someone is here when we are not home. We did not need the interior cameras to show this, so I turned "Push" notifications to off on my interior cameras.  

unfortunately, we we of course out for a ride when Arlo push notification popped up on my phone in front of my daughter- ' LIVING ROOM BATTERY IS LOW"  what the...... !! I contacted Arlo, and apparently there is no way to turn OFF a push notification for a low battery. PLEASE CHANGE IN YOUR NEXT DROP! NO MEANS NO, OFF SHOULD MEAN OFF!! Customers should be able to decide as I did, NO push notifications for my interior camera's. I do have my email notifications on for all. From there I can at least see the pop-up badges if I wanted. Why has Arlo overlooked this? Can I be the first? Let me know your thoughts.

Sincerely, 

Zack101

Comments
jguerdat
Guru

I understand what you're saying and it may be a good idea to post this suggestion the the Idea Exchange section here. To get around this, I would suggest monitoring the battery levels more closely on a preemptive basis and simply change the batteries before they get to 15% (maybe at or just below 20%).

nycaetano3
Novice

How simple would be to get a push notification on the phone or e-mail for low battery on the cameras.  Sometimes i forget to check, and when i go check the camera has been off for a couple of days.

How simple: i get notification for motions, include one for low battery or one for 10% left.

@nycaetano3 

How simple would be to get a push notification on the phone or e-mail for low battery on the cameras.

I get low battery alerts by email, as does the person who started this thread. (They wanted to know how to turn them off.)

So I suggest that you investigate why this feature, which already exists, does not work for you.