Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
dcfox1
Master

@Rwatking To answer your question you can go to the main forums for help, that is what they are for and where you posted in the past. This is for suggestions. Hope that helps. 

This has been said several times in the year since this very sensible idea first appeared. Sadly, not everyone notices the difference between an "idea" and a "question", or request for help. Hence the need to repeat that reminder from time to time. A search in the rest of the community will reveal a number of "question and answer" conversations. 

hennesbe
Star

I just don’t think it’s a big deal to get the code to access the cameras. I have multiple applications that require it for increased security. If you get your txt on the computer it’s only a minor inconvenience.  And who doesn’t have their phone within arms length at all times. 

johnftr
Initiate

I would like to state that the aim of my post was to SUGGEST that making the PC a trusted device still stands. This remains a suggestion and it appears to be supported by a lot of people who also want this to be implemented. The vast majority of other environments that require 2FA have implemented this functionality. Please let us be civil in here too.

arlo-user123
Apprentice

HI - been following this thread because I share with everyone's frustration over 2FA. However, one thing I cannot figure out. Users posting here as recently as last week are saying you can TURN OFF 2FA but I cannot seem to figure out how to do this.

Can someone please provide a step by step guide on how to turn it off?

Thanks in advance.

Again, this is the WRONG PLACE to ask for support help. This section if called Arlo Idea Exchange for a reason.

This discussion started as an "idea" for a feature request that Arlo should Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA,  an excellent idea that deserves proper consideration.

If you want help with using your system, take the question to the appropriate place.

Or just read the stuff behind the link you see every time you visit this community.

How do I edit two-step verification settings?

If you find that too complicated:

I hope that is simple enough.

Rwatking
Guide

Hello arlo-user123.

I’m so sorry that your polite and innocent post has hit the Sensei Police buffers and received such an arrogant and rude reply. You wouldn'thave  expect that kind of reply in what is otherwise a friendly, helpful "community".

It may depend on what camera you’ve got. I’ve got the Arlo Pro2 camera. I’ve not signed up for any subscription services.

To turn off 2FA I go into the web portal on my PC (or other device) (where I see the output from the camera) and click on the settings button (in my case just above the camera viewing screen). Once into settings, I go to my Profile and select the Two Step Verification option and select the slider to turn it off.

I hope that helps.

arlo-user123
Apprentice

Yes, that was sort of rude and I appreciate your assistance. Those of us seniors are just trying to use their Arlo system the easiest way possible and this has become very frustrating. However, when I go my Profile on the website through my computer and select 2 step verification, it does not offer me the option to turn it off. What am I doing wrong?

arlo-user123
Apprentice

Can you check to see if the slider is still there on your computer because I definitely have no slider. Just a window that says:

Two-Step Verification

Select a primary verification method

Rwatking
Guide

Yes the slider is still there on my PC. Have you enabled 2 Step Verification recently? If so, it might be that Arlo have removed your ability to turn off 2SV in your account. Has anyone else experienced the settings changing if they have reset anything in their account recently? I'm afraid that you are indeed suffering the same frustration that most people on this thread have experienced and why so many of us are so keen to get over to Arlo that 2SV is just not working as we would like. This is a perfectly valid place to discuss and air those frustrations and, if any of us can help alleviate some of the issues it would be good to think that they would help.