Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
Rwatking
Guide

This outfit is a complete shambles! Last week we had no camera output - blue and amber lights flashing on camera. I started a support ticket on Friday. The agent said he couldn't deal with it so promised someone would call be back within 24 to 48 hours. Nope!! I had to call them on Monday. Had me carrying out loads of tests which came to the same conclusion that I did last Friday ie. camera f*****! Told that they'd replace camera. Had to phone back yesterday - had to go through the same tests before the new agent concluded the same. No camera had been ordered!! He told me that HE would order the camera and then send an email with a tracking number. Didn't happen!!!!! I had to phone up again today. This time the agent said they couldn't send out a replacement camera because the warehouse didn't have any!!!!! Why not? He blamed BREXIT!!! GET OUT OF ARLO AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY FOLKS

Tressillian
Onlooker

I've still got 2FA turned off - my fear is they will figure out how to force you to use it before they make PC's trusted devices -  I do not want to pay for an International SMS every time I want to check my cameras

Rwatking
Guide

My Pro2 Camerall is all sorted now.

It turns out that Arlo were taken over/merged with Verisure earlier on this year. I just emailed Verisure's CEO (found on ceoemail.com .... a very useful resource!!) a nice man called Franck Marteau who is their Managing Director Arlo Europe sorted everything for me. He was very helpful and I had a brand new camera within 24 hours. I'll be using him again!

Beartard
Novice

Can we get this implemented soon?? It can't be that hard to remember a device. 

KAQ300
Novice

I realize we're a mobile world but since I'm working from home, I would LOVE to be able to have my Arlo open on my home computer while I'm working so I can watch the dog in the back yard.  I know I can do it from my phone but then it drains the battery.  It would be much more convenient to just be able to trust my home computer than having to authorize it every time.  

@KAQ300 

It would be much more convenient to just be able to trust my home computer than having to authorize it every time.

So do it. Turn off 2FA and you can happily watch the dog without having to authorize the PC. I do this all the time.

Rwatking
Guide

I'm sorry KAQ300 if people in trying to be helpful appear a bit arrogant and blunt but, of course, we're not all blessed with being superheroes when it comes to using Arlo systems! At the moment, Arlo haven't implemented their threat to force us all to use 2FA so it is possible to look at your camera(s) via your PC without ridiculous levels of authentication. Long let it remain so .....

dcfox1
Master

I have 2FA turned off also. 

itiscarollee
Aspirant

But can you watch what was going on without first requesting a text, getting it, inputting it, and then downloading each video on Pro3 cameras?  One of my kid's cameras reported a 'person' in the privacy fenced back yard - long gone by the time I could look!  Homebound, I monitor for everybody - can't tell you how much I crave a solution!

dcfox1
Master

Yes just turn off  2FA. It's not a big deal it will be just like before.