Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
WebDancer
Apprentice

Are there any Mods out there?

Since the 2FA does not allow making computers trusted devices, kindly make the 2FA optional again. I’m happy to acknowledge and accept any risks.

This has been a problem for a year and to mandate using the 2FA while the issue still exists is just crazy. 

This is NOT working for your customers. 

Please address this problem- without a canned, scripted response please. What is Arlo doing about this? 

KCArlo
Fledgling

@mdp454  What is the camera / brand you obtained from Amazon that works with BlueIris?   Is it wire free?   I suspect there will be a LOT of us shopping for new systems, so since they obviously don't read their customers concerns on the forums, we might as well use their own forums  to find a reasonable alternative / competitor.  (so ironic to let them pay for the bandwidth for people to dump Arlo)

A2RJ
Novice

I'm having the same problem! I have just my PC & phone. Phone is trusted. PC is not & I have to do the verification every time I want to check my cameras. It's a hassle! How do I make my PC trusted. I deactivated all my fire walls, virus/ad protection...etc. Still can't get it trusted.

moorejoeg
Novice

Exactly. I work in a office environment that doesn't allow cell phones.  So I watch my cameras using my office desktop.  Annoyingly I have to access my personal email every time I want to check my cameras.   

Another-Newby
Follower

Two step verification Arlo Pro 2 Cameras - windows 10 PC - how to I set this up as a trusted device.

Anyone know how I can set up my home PC as a "trusted device"  rather than having to receive and enter a validation code each time I wish to view the camera library ?

Real pain.  Worked fine before this two stage verification process was introduced.

Any assistance with this issue would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Graham

Dbarlouser
Initiate

Agree 100%

I want to add that the solution mentioned above of running BlueStacks on my pc with the android app installed in it is working great for me. It was simple to set up and seems to perform better than the browser version even on my ancient laptop running way too much other stuff. It is shameful that Arlo cannot provide a decent browser experience or, failing that, even suggest this workaround.

spyromike
Follower

If this is being monitored enough to delete the posts about a class action lawsuit, surely you can give us an update on when this will be fixed.

Arlo_99
Aspirant

And that is part of the problem with Arlo, spyromike.  You're seeing firsthand that the primary concern is not the user experience or communicating with the user community that they are listening.

Delete unflattering posts and yet still provide no update on the core problem being reported.

ArloSucks99

GrumpyAntiArlo
Initiate

I can't believe this is still going on. Have fun with me complaining to chat daily until this is fixed!