Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make Arlo Ultra compatible with Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT

Ultra camera will not work in Smartthings. When you link your account, only your older cameras appear not the ultras. No control with Smarthings or IFTTT.

Comments
renxx
Onlooker

No, Arlo Ultra will not work in future with Smartthings, Arlo Cameras have beed sold to other company as well 😞

bogie1
Apprentice

I thought that Arlo was spun out from Netgear in 2018 and is an independent public listed company ? 

renxx
Onlooker

Verisure bought Arlo

bogie1
Apprentice

Verisure bought the European operations of Arlo not the entire company...basically a deal for Verisure to buy a set amount of cameras per year from Arlo Technologies, Inc.

https://www.cooley.com/news/coverage/2019/2019-11-20-arlo-to-partner-with-verisure-to-protect-europe...

Arlo Technologies, Inc is a public listed company , mostly owned by institutional investors. 

...not that it makes a difference for Smart Things support.....

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Partially Implemented

We’re excited to announce Samsung SmartThings integration now includes the latest Arlo Security Products!

With Samsung SmartThings, you can integrate a supported Arlo device into the SmartThings app, so all of your smart devices can work together.

SmartThings supported Arlo devices:

• Arlo Ultra series
• Arlo Baby
• Arlo Q/Q+
• Arlo Essential series
• Arlo Video Doorbell
• Arlo Security Light
• Arlo Base station

For more information on how to set up Samsung SmartThings integration and it’s features, take a look here: How do I integrate my Arlo cameras into the Samsung SmartThings app? 

renxx
Onlooker

Its super news. Thx Arlo team for that.

I can confirm that Arlo Ultra now works with Smartthings and also with Alexa.

You can make automations with, motion, sound, battery, sigman strengt.

mrbisme33
Aspirant

This needs to be included, especially if the user is paying for the subscription.