Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Live Streaming

it appears that the cameras have a limit in the number of possible live-stream connections. Each camera has a limited number of event streams: one of which is reserved for uploading to the cloud server, and can therefore be viewed by one device. The two other event streams are reserved for viewing in the same LAN. The moment a CVR (continuous video recording) subscription applies, it also takes up one of the event streams.

From this we can deduce that the live stream of a particular camera is accessible at one time for 2 accounts, depending on whether they are located inside or outside the same WiFi network (LAN) as the Arlo.

For the time being I have not found any workaround for this problem. I have indicated to my manager that it is better for these cases that the live stream is distributed from the server, instead of from the camera itself. This could allow multiple accounts to have access to the live stream of a particular camera, and it could also be more economical for the batteries in the case of Arlo Pro cameras.