Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Large "ON" button on the main page of Arlo app to turn system on when leaving home

A Simply large "ON" button on the main page of the App so you can quickly turn the system on when leaving home.

Comments
mariosanchez23
Initiate

yep, as I mentioned it in the post 😉 

ozzie8888
Novice

Yes, please post the details! Thanks in advance!

Balti1991
Fledgling
kmc100
Onlooker

Hi Please could you share how you did this, thanks in advance

@mariosanchez23 wrote:

Hi, 

I have a need to arm and disarm the alarm succesfully when my wife,kids or myself get in and/or get out of my home. 

The GPS option is not working as it seems only works for one. So if I leave the house and my wife is in, it will be armed while she is in. 

Because of this, I created a solution which is working quite good but not perfect. 

I bought the Amazon AWS Iot Button, and linked to IFTTT. 

Now I can arm with just a click and disarm with double click in the amazon dash button. If anyone is interested I can post more details how I did it. 

This is great but not perfect, as IFTTT does not allow for custom modes. (Please add). 

I was looking for some JSON API to allow call my custom modes, but I could not find anything. If there is I would like to work on a possible connection to connect AWS via JSON.

mrccole
Novice

It would be nice if you could turn on and off all cameras at once from the app. We have 3 cameras on my shop and 3 cameras on the house, and it takes a while to shut them all on and off when we are needing to.

Slidewizards
Onlooker

I sure would be nice to be bble to set all cameras on or off with one click. Example I'm leaving home or returning. I have disabled each camera or enable each camera. I sure the software team could add a button to the app.

Djedje_zr7
Onlooker

Hello, 

Please, add an one touch button on smartphone/tablet home screen for activate or desactive camera

Djedje

Doovde
Onlooker

The Arlo app launches to the devices "homepage" which has a snapshot of the most recent motion from each camera. There are icons for wifi and motion, a shortcut to library  and 3 dot tabs for device settings for each camera.

Would it be possible to have some of those device settings as toggles for each camera on the devices homepage?

toggles such as turning the individual cameras on or off and enabling/disabling notifications for individual cameras?

I know these settings are buried under various tabs and submenus but I think it would be great to have some of those settings as toggles right on the devices homepage under each camera for faster access.

An example in use would be when I have notifications for front door and garden ON but need notifications for hallway OFF while it's armed and set to record. Currently notifications are globally applied in the app.