Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Full HD camera resolution

It would be great to have a full HD camera option (1080) so the video is of use to police for face recognition, license plates, etc.  Now that the Pro is fast enough to actually record the thief instead of just the back of their head, being able to see them clearly enough is the next step.

Comments
cocharlie1776
Initiate

Several companies now offer 1080p resolution cameras, some at lower prices.  I'm knowledgeable in security and know that higher resolutions make for much, much better results.

Tommi_T
Onlooker

I've been using Arlo Pro with 2 cameras now for about a week and really like the system - except the image quality. I'd really need at least one camera in the system capable for identifying a person/car plate and while waiting for the possibility to add an Arlo Q to Pro base station, or a 1080p Arlo Pro camera (both options would be highly appreciated!), there's probably ways to get a sharper and clearer image with the current hardware. Besides a chance to adjust the compression more freely, could there be more options to adjust the image (not just the light/iris)? Based on testing in different conditions, for example over saturation seems to make the image blurrier. Also, the image can in some cases be sharper in infrared mode, with less color.