Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Features Request : Critical alert notification

Hello,

I understand that now there is email notification per Camera.

If i choose it - I gem motion detect alert, Low battery alert and etc...

Sometimes camera is instaled in place that there is many motion detects, and receve thousands emails per day it's not so logical but we still want receive critical alert like lo battery.

I think it's will be nice feature.

Comments
DJJJeffT
Guide

Please bring this feaure back!!!

CaptainDork
Apprentice

I just chatted with support and asked for a Return Material Authorization because the cameras no longer send me an email when the batteries are low.

The support person said, unfortunately, they can't return equipment unless the unit is defective.

I terminated that chat because the support person is not at fault, and is not in a position to help.

I submit that the product IS defective because Netgear removed the low battery alert option.

The support tech said it was removed because it was reported to be inaccurate.

There are two solutions:

1.) Enable the feature. It was an OPTION in that we could choose to use it or not. Those who feel the feature was inaccurate can simpy opt out. As for me, it was always spot on.

2.) Provide a caveat that the battery condition is an estimate and reliability is an approximation meant to be a guideline.

Please join me in convincing the powers that be to reinstate this feature. My understanding is that it is still available at the back end and just needs to be added to the user interface.

I'm waiting on a call from the support tech's supervisor to get this resolved either by way of a product liability issue or reactivation of the feature.

Thank y'all.

Sblair588
Guide
Please bring this back
Sblair588
Guide
Please bring this feature back
T9001
Star

Yes. The new update has ruined battery life, and now ther eis no notification. Please bring it back.

crashtkd
Fledgling

Need this feature. I just noticed my cameras weren't running for 2 weeks. 

kmc2015
Initiate

This is a bad surprise. I used to change my batteries whenever I got the alert email and wondered why I found 3 cameras with dead batteries but never got the alert. You even have an article saying you didn't take any features away in the new software. You're making everyone find out the hard way and then do a lot of digging to find out that you removed the feature. At least notify us or fix it instead of wasting our time and making our cameras useless.

CaptainDork
Apprentice

I just got a low battery notification! I hope this isn't a quirk. Thanks for listening and responding to user requests, Arlo.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas