Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

FEATURE: Store all recordings locally (irrespective of mode)

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a set of 4 Arlo Gos. My group studies animal behaviour, and the Arlo Go camera seemed near perfect for the task - affordable, easy to setup, off-grid battery potential, mobile connection for those more remote farms where getting a WiFi signal is impossible.

We immediately understood a product like this will have limitations due to its 'easy to use interface', and that an open-source or developer mode wasn't available.

But this point of that we find irritating to the point of deciding to post this request here. Currently, it is impossible to simply ensure that all footage recorded, be it motion-activated recording or elicited manually on web/app interface, gets stored on the local SD card.

Only motion-activated footage (with a max. recording duration of 2 min) now gets stored locally. This means I cannot make a manually-activated recording that will store locally. Sure, it can still be saved to the library, but we all know how the Arlo Go video quality looks like when the signal is poor... it's **bleep**.

The hope here is, that by adding a very simple feature/command, which says 'Store all recording sessions locally, irrespective of source/activation mode' this problem would be solved - and your tools would be a lot more applicable in both domestic but also professional scenarios.

Anyone else facing this annoyance?

A phased scientist

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

TcTcTc1
Fledgling

I agree. Great idea. Hopefully a firmware update may fix it ???