Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extend Range of Cameras (via repeaters)

So far, I love Arlo.  I live in the forest and have a lot of land and distance is what is limiting from creating a security system with Arlo like I truly desire.  If Arlo had a camera/base-station repeater(s) that would extend the range of the cameras and basestation, I feel like it would open up a lot more possibilities.  This would allow you in theory to have many different line of site repeaters between the camera and the base station which would allow you to have cameras over much larger distances.  This would be awesome and really really hope that something like this comes out for Arlo.

Comments
Cmustang353
Follower

I was wondering if is plans to come out with more powerful cameras (longer range). This cameras are great but for those like myself with a two story home the cameras lack of range. I would like to stick with the same type of products/company. It will be a great product to have the cameras like a dime or bullet ones with a longer range that will still work with the other ones or the base at least.

JamesC
Community Manager

Cmustang353,

You might consider adding an additional base station at the location where you need more coverage. There is no limit to the amount of base stations you can have on your account. Adding additional base stations is the best solution for getting more coverage for your cameras.

JamesC

Chachos
Fledgling

I have 4 access points over 3 floors of my house to ensure complete coverage.  Of the 4 ARLO Pro cameras, only 2 will reach the base station.  The other 2 could reach the base station easily over the network if I could configure them to log into the nearest access point.  Surely this has to be an easy fix guys...!  The alternative is to buy one (possibly two) additional base stations due to the shape of the house...

jancey
Novice

Netgear is allowing to preorder a bridge for Lights.  How come no Bridge for cameras?  The Arlo system operates on its own wifi network.  Most user complaints are because one or more cameras have a weak connection or don't connect to base.  The solution always offered is move base and get wifi extender.  That's not the solution the camera itself needs an "Arlo" wifi extender to the base because of range problems.  They obviously are fixing the problem for the lights. Why not the camera's?????????

Ysabel
Luminary

Arlo base can't be used with an extender since base is only creating a wifi network that the cameras can only use. No other devices can connect to it. I think the use of the bridge for the Arlo ligt is for it to be connected wirelessly not using cables for it to be more hassle.

🙂

mstgna35
Novice

i was thinking maybe when the cameras are armed and away from home if someone was to set the alarms off it should set an alarm off on the cameras not just the base station or maybe some kind of message to the intruders. also maybe a signal booster for the cameras alittle further in range 

jmayfield13
Novice

I have a camera that is at the edge of its range.  A video bridge that could boost the signal to that camera would be a nice add. You have a similar product for your lights. 

Gdegrijze
Novice

I was just going to suggest the same thing because I have the same issue. If they provide it for the light system, why not for the camera. This would be a great product. 

RedDogRecords
Aspirant

We definitely could use an extender. We had to buy TWO ARLO systems to cover our house. Some sort of Mesh ability if you add more base stations would be great - and probably pretty easy to implement. Something like what ASUS is doing with their new line of routers.

jkoellmer24
Novice

looking to see a singal antenna extender to come out in the near future