Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enhance the in app Armed "Running Man" icon!

I have my Arlo system set to come on between 9pm and 6am every night. When I check the mode it says its on that particular mode I set up but it doesn't actually show if the cameras are armed. For example the mode was on last night but for some reasons the cameras were not armed (tech glitch). The only way I found this out was when I went outside and the system didn't trigger. After logging out then back into the app the system armed properly. I have had this set up for ages without trouble. There is no way to actually see if each camera is armed unless you trigger them to check. The running man on the previous app version was a good way of checking the system was armed but now there is no way to do this. Is the running man or something similar coming back?

Comments
MarkC
Luminary

It may just be me but I find it quite difficult to determine if the "Running Man" armed icon is in bold or not (armed or disarmed).

This does vary with the screen brightness but would it be possible to fill the icon in completely black to indicate an armed camera or perhaps have it displayed in a different colour. This applies to iOS and Android versions of the app. I think it would just make it so much easier to determine if the camera was armed or disarmed at a glance.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!