Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enable camera speaker for siren use

Each and every camera has a speaker for the PRO 2, why not create a patch file to enable the use of the siren through the camera speaker.  If the owner has cameras setup around their house that would be a great outdoor deterrent

Comments
Ingeping77
Follower

This should be optional to switch on for all camera's as many will have the base station locked away in a cabinet and sound won't be as much of a deterent! I can imagine some people do not wish specific camera's to sound an alarm so please make this optional per camera.

j10puli13o
Follower

Yes,  even if not as loud as base station it would help.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Cwmmmm
Luminary

This is what I’ve been thinking forever! And with all the updates the speaker is loud now so I bet they can get this done.

Anjahar
Onlooker

I also agree! This is something that would enhance the existing alarm feature, alert intruders outside , and could be used in multitude of other ways. If this were possible it might be nice to have an option to send a warning alert sound from the cameras (or even just from one camera) that would alert an intruder they have been detected. Much like the way some vehicles make a beeping noise if they are tampered with.