Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enable Geofencing to not engage cameras while I am at home UNLESS my phone is charging

While I love the Geo Fencing Mode it did me absolutely no favors while I was home and 3 guys broke into my place while I was showering and came downstairs and scared the crap out of them.  What I’d really like to see is a option to enable geo fencing to not engage cameras while I am home UNLESS my phone is charging.  Whenever I nap, go to bed shower etc I put my iPhone on its charger pad.  If there was a way to engage the cameras when it detects the phone is charging .....while I am home without having to turn on and off the cameras before I go to bed would be a great feature.     Thanks!

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Visualjohn,

Since you're suggesting a new idea, I'm moving your post to the Idea Exchange board. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Visualjohn
Follower

Thanks JessicaP !

Mhenry1637
Novice

I love geofencing too!  I would like to have the option to have my driveway camera always armed so I'm alerted when someone pulls up to my house even when I'm home.  I already have a schedule set for night time.  Even when I'm home, my cameras are armed and I'm notified of activity.

StephenB
Guru
@Mhenry1637  wrote:

I love geofencing too!  I would like to have the option to have my driveway camera always armed so I'm alerted when someone pulls up to my house even when I'm home.  I already have a schedule set for night time.  Even when I'm home, my cameras are armed and I'm notified of activity.

You can do this now, it's just a matter of setting up the appropriate "home" mode.