Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Emergency record (ability to record all with a press of one button)

Hello,

It would be nice if there was a manual option to trigger all cameras to record until the user stops recording or the battery dies. Maybe add a button next to siren button to trigger all cameras. If I am away from home, and there is an intruder on my property, I would like to have the option to have all cameras rolling at once rather than waiting to detect motion. Thanks

Comments
4ret
Novice

It would be great to have a "Record All" button that is not linked to motion detection.  I would like to be able to press one button in an emergency and make all of my cameras start recording.  I realize that I can (fairly quickly) arm all cameras, but that relies on motion detaction for activation.  Sometimes the motion detection doesn't come on immediately or is intentionally set to be less sensitive.  In an emergency situation, it would be really nice to not have to count on the motion detection activation.  It would be great to just click one, easily accessed button, and turn on recording for all cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

TrulsZK
Apprentice

It is partly possible.

You have to start live streaming and then press recoard for eatch camera you have.

Also this is a good idea

Target_Acquired
Apprentice

I too like the idea and would like to know how much network bandwidth I will need to have in reserve for an "all record" event.

For example, is 20 mbps adequate for 11 cameras simultaneously streaming?

Thank you.

Steve-a-reno
Novice

An even better way to do this is to link Google Home and/or Amazon Alexa into this, since they are both part of Samsung Smart Things. Imagine this- you or someone you love is alone at home or even sleeping in the middle of the night when you hear a thud, you say" OK Google, start recoring all cameras" or Alexa "Alexa, record all cameras." Then you know you can just open the Arlo app and see everything recording on all cameras, and go back and review the footage. Arlo, are you listening???

jhmthomp
Novice

I have a couple of suggested improvements.

1) Have a "record all" button that, when activated, starts recording for all cameras connected to the system.

2) Have a "live all" button that, when activated, starts all the cameras in live mode. 

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

NguyenD
Novice

This is extremely useful when a home invasion is going on and/or your life is in danger