Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disable cameras temporarily

I've seen this suggested several times over the past several years and I believe this would be a pretty simple addition to the apps.  There are times I will disable certain cameras when I know people are going to be setting them off repeatedly.  However, when I disable a camera I have to remember to turn it back on.  Why not have a setting to temporarily disable one or several cameras for a finite period of time?  Such a simple addition this would be to increase the usefulness of the cameras.  Does anyone from Arlo read these suggestions?

Comments
lite1
Apprentice

I was totally amused/frustrated to get std email today from Arlo about this thread.  The OP wrote: "I've seen this suggested several times over the past several years and I believe this would be a pretty simple addition to the apps." and that was Oct. 1, 2019

About a year ago I gave up on Arlo ever taking any action on this and several other things that the forum community suggested.  When I first joined forum I was naively optimistic about Arlo as a vendor, but was far too slow to realize that for many "basic" functions we were on our own to figure out work arounds; OR as the Arlo supervisor wrote above: "Although it can be complicated to set up, the existing schedule does allow you to have different cameras on different schedules." Yeah and just how helpful is a complicated action, when something unusual happens that is not on any schedule that can be anticipated!