Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Jtmsonny
Aspirant
Make different tones and volumes for each camera on the network. So when a push notification goes off on your phone, you know which camera (on different properties) goes off. And to be able to adjust the volume of the alert instead of changing your main IPhone volume.
JLag
Fledgling

Don't fool yourself into thinking the Android experience is that much better than the iOS experience. My phone has an ALARM for waking me and alerting me. I don't want a simple one time notification when my cameras detect motion at my office after hours, I want an ALARM, that continues to sound loudly until I acknowledge it. Which in 6 years of owning Arlo cameras  have never been able to do.

Chevyboy67
Tutor

I don’t know what your talking about I had an android phone before I switch back to iPhone and I was able to use Zedge to configure my arlo alerts is ( sound of a gunshot) and each and every person that text me had a different sound.   Never had an issue .

JLag
Fledgling
  • Yes ChevyBoy, you are correct. I could also write an app for iOS and/or an app for Android to do this. The point is the Arlo application should do this out of the box without third party  "go between" applications.
s_tohm
Initiate

Cowboy67, I really shouldn't have to download a separate app to get the Arlo to work like it should have out of the box.  What's wrong with expecting that?  Putz.

Ahzoov
Tutor

As a retired educator, I'm astonished that Cheveyboy67 is labeled "tutor" since he's really said nothing. 

Zedge? 

There are three apps by that name in the app store. Having looked them over, they don't give any indication of how they modify the notification settings in other apps. 

Can we downgrade that "tutor" to just "random troll?"  

Chevyboy67
Tutor

AHZOOV

Let’s start out by saying I didn’t attack your status in any way.  The moderators select the status on who’s involved and what knowledge they have. Obviously you have the same so your just as a troll.  I have done work in this community over the years and have worked with flaws that also has fixed under my findings.  This isn’t the place to bash people so you can go **bleep** your sister!

have a nice day TUTOR!

Chevyboy67
Tutor

Ahzoov

oh by the way as an educator I’m astonished you couldn’t figure out how to use the ZEDGE app after looking it over.  It’s pretty simple in android os how to manipulate it.  But I guess your a status isn’t up to par.  

ARLO

as always

have a nice day  

s_tohm
Initiate

Chevyboy67.  Zedge is not a free app. it is a free trial app. Why should I pay for another app to fix the app that should work correctly in the first place?  They need to fix the app.  People have complained about this since 2015 from what I see.  I think 6 years is enough time.

Chevyboy67
Tutor

S_tohm

i get that. I’ve been doing this since the beginning. I’ve made tons of calls to arlo and apple both point the finger at each other I was frustrated as well and I gave up after a couple of years of trying.  However at the time ZEDGE was free when I was using it as a sound manipulator.  Everyone that’s on here instead of to something they don’t even monitor email them call them.  I’ve made YouTube videos of complaints about them.  Facebook every time they are on my feed advertising I bash the software.  But I tell you. I’ve had other cameras before me still returned them to keep arlo.  I just like the way the software works for me. Even though it’s messed up with configurable alerts.  You can see my posts that I’ve done over the years