Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
sanctum
Onlooker

Hi all,

I am done with Arlo for good. Just bought another camera. Thats the only way you make them listen.

Good luck!

SimplyJC
Aspirant
I read a 2017 post response from Arlo that the capability to change alert sounds for iOS users was “coming soon.” It is 2020 now and I see no recent discussion. Did this ever “come?” I don’t see any setting in the app I installed, version 2.20 (1201) downloaded in 08/2020, that permits alert tone changes?
dcfox1
Master

Not yet and have not seen anything about it but when I had ring in the app you could select from a variety of sounds for each camera which I really liked. Not sure why Arlo does not have it yet since it is possible at least on IOS. 

Pjondeck
Observer

Well done Sanctum

I am getting close to the same action. Can you tell me what you purchased and perhaps when you have settled it in let me know what you think and what it is please?

Hey dcfox1, you have obviously been with the system for a while. Does "mentor" status not give you any pull with Arlo support?  Did I say "support" Hmmm.

dcfox1
Master

I wish

Chevyboy67
Tutor

@sanctum id be interested to know the name and brand you bought.  Have been with Arlo for a teal long one and know all of your frustrations.  I’ve been dealing with the pulling your leg and waiving the carrot as to it’s coming .  I personally gave up and just dealt with the issue. I have bought other brands to try out and wasn’t satisfied with the software and how it operated and sent it back still keeping Arlo.  It’s a shame they just keep coming out with new product and will not listen to our crus on this forum.  I even made a video on you tube bashing them a s still nothing.  Let me know

Pjondeck
Observer

I had a long discussion with one of their "support" staff and the guy agreed, he said that they, the support staff, would really like it if the software people addressed this OIS alert problem!! If their own people can't put a rocket under them what chance do we have? 

Jake2Canoes
Aspirant

Well, it's been two years of watching videos of my vehicles being broken into and thieves entering my back deck and stealing stuff.  Never ever any resounding alarm.  I have read all the comments over this very very poor OS for this product all saying the same message.

I just switched to Ring and it is a blessing.  I really thought I was buying a good product for the money I spent on ARLO but in hindsight I should have done a better review. 

Pjondeck
Observer

Jake2C

Seems you have taken the sensible approach. I too have had prowlers that I got to watch on the video next day!

Thanks for your input, I'm thinking of going the same way.

cheers

LeeTess
Onlooker

Netgear base station 

4r058c7ma028a

mac3c37864c82d5

Arlo pro