Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

rickyjn,

While the sound cannot be customized, as mentioned by Chevyboy67, push notifications can still be received and do make a sound on iOS. Take a look here for more information: How do I enable and disable Arlo push notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

cjones917
Novice

I have had arlo installed for all of 48 hours and this is the only, but most prominent concern.  Its upsetting to see this thread has been going on for 3 YEARS and this issue still doesn't have a resolution.   My guess is most people using arlo are doing so because they feel they can better protect their house watching it then some monitored system that floods the local police with false alarms.   That being said - if there is motion on my home or outdoor cameras when I'm not home or sleeping, it shouldn't alert me with the same notification as a text!   I will work or sleep right through that! 

This should be a top priority and I can't believe it has not been implemented. 

thegrudas
Aspirant

How many years later and this still can't be changed?  Please make this a priority Arlo.

Scott2ya
Luminary

Opps

DanielThomasFin
Observer
What gives??? l paid a ton of money for security, but unfortunately I can't tell the difference from my regular cell phone, or iPad alerts.. Nor can I regulate the volume of the alerts. I'm asking: 1. please tell me how to adjust my alert volume 2. Please tell me if I can change the ringtone when a alert is triggered 3
GoJu2
Novice

Work around requires the user to change existing tones for existing alerts (mail, text, ringtone ...) on every device owned by said user.

In other words, you can’t change Arlo default tone but you can change your other configurations, so that you can identify Arlo.

Of course, we need a unique tone for each camera, so we know where the breach is. 

DanielThomasFin
Observer

I couldn't agree more.  I can't hear my alert sound from my iPhone 8+ when there is an alert that sounds off, but,  I see that no one can hear the darn thing.  I paid Best Buy over $850.00 for this system.   the Overall System works great, but if a bad-guy was at my door, OOPS, "NO ALERT SOUND"!!    NETGEAR I know you can do better. but if you think we should accept this thinking,

"If I can't hear the alert tone,  ,   ,   does that mean there isn't a badguy at the back door, trying to break into my house."

kdubya32
Novice

I just bought an Arlo Pro 2 - 4 camera set-up today and everything went together very easily. I had it up and running in no time. The alerting sound on the iphone is not suitable for this type of usage however. I really can't believe there isn't a way to change it to something a little more.... ALERT'ish... like where it's something unique and recognizable as an Arlo alert instead of being mixed in with a hundred other apps making the same alert sound throughout the day. I've really become tone deaf to it.  I've only had it an afternoon, but this is my only nick on the system so far.  Too bad it's a big one.  Please fix this somehow. ....soon.

Tranp10
Initiate

Yes they need to really have an option to change the notification sound for iOS. My car just got broken in this morning around 3:16am. The notification for the Arlo is not unique. I was awake around that time too and I thought it was probably my slickdeals app or email app alerting me. I found out 15 mins later when I just happen to check my phone.

sn0wballz
Star

Just an update, I contacted Arlo support and didn't get anywhere with this. I didn't think I would, but I did bring it to their attention at least.

When the alert for Arlo sounds like all of the other alerts on your phone, it pretty much renders the alert system useless. Furthermore, my dog has now learned what the sound means and will bark anytime he hears the sound. That is funny but it's true and changing the Arlo sound would really help that issue.

@JamesCThanks for the reply. Any thoughts on the issue with not being able to actual change the alert sound?