Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
AD5262
Novice

Please add this.

mattman8569
Initiate

I just love how no one from Netgear has commented for even considered this new idea... This is basic App Dev stuff to add this AMAZING Feature! I hate it when i get a notification laying in bed about to sleep or at work, I'm darn near scrambeling to check to see if someone is breaking into my house or if it's a notification that the weather changed a degree. COME ON NETGEAR! I have over $1000 dollars in Arlo installed in my home! 

mattman8569
Initiate

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN AND WANT A BASIC FEATURE ADDED NETGEAR! LOOK PLEASE! 

chingching
Novice
I just recently bought arlo as a home security system.

I'm surprised that it doesn't have the ability to have its own alarm tone for the notification.

I'm used to apps that even override my phone's volume so that I can really be notified.

Imagine if an attacker breaks in to my house in the middle of the night and arlo's weak alert can't even wake me up.

For now, I've installed a text to speech app to read arlo's alert 3x. It's still not good enough but better than what's offered.
Klytus
Novice
Desperately need this function both my wife and I are disabled and can't be trying to check an alert everytime to find its Facebook or email/updates. As others have said can we please have this function put in as an software update, an answer from Netgear would be nice if you don't mind.
KTee
Fledgling

I just bought this sytem.   About 2 years of people asking for the ability to have custom notification tone and NO response from Netgear?   Well, I'll be taking this back as it's annoying as crap not to be able to have a custom ring tone.   Honestly, it's a necessity.  It uses the same notification tone as my texts, yet I want to be able to make it something that would only sound off with something that alerts me there might be an intruder.  Great system otherwise.   Can someone please respond?  I don't want to return this system, but I will find something that works better for me.

mattman8569
Initiate
WHY HAS THERE BEEN NO RESPONSE FROM NETGEAR!? A real response, not the canned ones they keep giving us! Please!!!
dpnaugle
Initiate

If you have an iphone, you can make alerts@alro.com a "VIP" email. You can then assign an special ring tone to that VIP email so that any time you reveive an email from alerts@arlo.com you will be alerted with your chosen ring tone.

This has worked well for me.

Arlo alerts my phone with the usual tone and within a few seconds the email comes through with the custom alert that I have set.

Hope that helps

DN

DFS1
Onlooker

I use IFTTT.com applets to receive a phone call when motion is detected, this is sure to wake you up in the middle of the night.

DWCrisp
Initiate
The simple solution is arlo set up text alerts. All smart phones can set up a contact for the incoming caller and choose the alert of choice. But seriously arlo taking this long to resolve this is just plain intentional neglect. I was going to expand my system and add 3 more systems for my children's homes. Now I'm searching elsewhere and considering returning my new system. This is totally unacceptable. Goodby arlo