Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Is it possible to have a different sounding notification on the Arlo app to say the camera(s) detected movement? The sound is so generic it sounds like 2 other apps I have.
Quintett
Observer

@Chevyboy67  WhatsApp (by no means an obscure app), for example, allows you to choose separate notification tones from individuals and from groups. But more importantly, this feature has been implemented in Arlo’s prime competitor’s app since 2018. As a recent refugee from Ring, this is something that makes me wonder whether I have made the right choice to go with Arlo over Eufy.

See: https://youtu.be/2I3KBy8-FtY

BeverlyH
Aspirant

Very pleased with our Arlo Pro system, but why can't we set each camera so that it has a different notification sound?  It's rediculous that when we receive notice of movement on a camera that we have to get our phone, unlock it and see which of our three cameras sent the notification.   By the time we do that, the furry culprit (or anything else) could be gone or attempting to break in.

Also, I have an Android and was able to change the tone to a different louder sound that will wake me up, but my husband's Iphone won't allow him to change the sound and it's not loud at all.

With all the modern technology, you would think this would be possible.   I've read other's comments that want the same availability. 

For what we paid for the Arlo Pro system, this option should be a no-brainer!!!!

LornaA
Guide

I think it’s obvious that Arlo is not going to do anything about this notification issue. I’ve seen dozens of complaints but zero responses from Arlo. My wife’s car was broken into a couple days ago for the third time since we installed Arlo cameras. I should have spent the money I paid for the Arlo cameras and lights towards constructing a gate to our driveway. I’ve had a few friends ask me about the cameras so I’ve had the opportunity to advise them against purchasing them. Meanwhile, I’ll enjoy seeing the occasional skunk, possum or cat walking by a camera the following day as well as watching what our dog is doing while we’re gone. 🙄

Sareeves99
Novice
We need a different type of notification besides the one that comes standard on our iPhones. I live in the country and would love to have access to a louder, longer and more of an REAL ALERT sounding tone when my cameras go off in the middle of the night. If I’m awake I can hear the ‘blip’ 1 second notification, but If I’m sleeping there’s no way we can hear it go off ... and I’m a very light sleeper.

It would be great too if there was a way we could have different alerts for each type (person, Animal or car).
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso

Ringtones for cameras are managed by your Android OS, so you can change your notification to whatever ringtone you want to.

lackian
Fledgling

Hi I have an iphone 12 Pro and manage everything through that phone. I would like to customize the push notification sound for Arlo notifications. I know it was possible in the past but today the sounds has to be the same as any other notification.

it's really a feature that is missing for me to better manage notifications and make sure I am aware when the cams detect a person.

Thanks for adding this feature again for all iphones.

bcrc
Aspirant

Hello

Is it possible to change the alert sound.  I have looked in the camera settings and also notifications on my iPhone settings but cannot find anything.

Thank you

Bev 

@bcrc wrote:

Is it possible to change the alert sound.  

That has been a constant request here:

Arlo Idea Exchange - Arlo Communities

See this:

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS - Arlo Community

Arno2
Fledgling

Where is the solution to this?