Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
bugaboosun
Fledgling

I just switched my phone from Android to iOS.  And now my Arlo is not able to wake me up when there is a security incident at my home.

On Android I customized the Argo notification sound to a loud, repeating siren.  On iOS I do not have the ability to customize the sound and I am stuck with some silly little solitary bell sound.  Apparently, this has been an ongoing issue for iOS users for *YEARS*.  What the hell is a security camera system for if not to wake you up when someone is at your door in the middle of the night????

Please fix this IMMEDIATELY!

LornaA
Guide

Everyone might as well give up asking for this IOS notification issue to be addressed. I do not believe that they have any intention to do anything about it. They won’t even respond to us about it. Meanwhile, my car was broken into again last night. Basically the only thing useful about this system now is to see what my dog is doing while I’m away from the house.

I suggest discouraging anyone who make seek your opinion about Arlo from buying any of their products. I have already done that with 3 friends who have asked.

Mtnman57
Onlooker

This blog is not the place to expect Arlo to read . I’ve contacted customer support several times as has many customers about the IOS notifications or lack there of.  Arlo has shown that all the initial sale.  They keep pumping out new products and sending me email trying to sell me but I will never buy another Arlo product until or if they start listening to customers and at this point I’m considering buying a Ring system and selling my Arlo system.  The video quality on my Arlo pro 3 cameras is not that great any way. 

LornaA
Guide

Totally agree with you, mntman57. After last night’s break-in, I for sure cannot rely on arlo. Buying Ring today.

Pjondeck
Observer

Is it all really worth the frustration? I have a swag of report case numbers as I just keep re-reporting the problem when Arlo simply delete the report after two weeks claiming that I (yes I) haven't updated it!!

I'm sure they don't even look at the forum that they sponsor. What I would like to see from Arlo for a start is a simple answer YES or NO to the question, are you going to fix it???

Looking seriously at alternatives and will return this system as "not fit for purpose", Australian consumer law permits me to do this.

Come on Arlo, off your backside on this!!!

Pjondeck
Observer

LornaA, hi

What is the Ring system you are looking at please? I'm interested.

Ta

Pjondeck
Observer

It's crazy, outlayed over a thousand dollars for this system and log into it each morning to see if I have been broken into!!! It's a contender for Ripley's "believe it or not", a surveillance system that doesn't provide a usable detection alert. Believe it or not, we purchased it! Duh

Pjondeck
Observer

I was looking for evidence that Arlo have even seen our posts. 

Under their "Idea Statuses" column "future consideration" and "Engineering Investigation" the IOS Alert situation doesn't even rate a mention!!!

LornaA
Guide

pjondeck - ring.com

Pjondeck
Observer

I spent 1hr 45mins on hold on the support number a few days ago. I then spent 20 minutes on the call with the support person. I was promised that my report number 41610043 would NOT be deleted and that I would be notified of progress. I was also promised that I would receive an email immediately after the call with a new case number that would not be deleted. Four days later and I have received NOTHING.