Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Pjondeck
Observer

Good luck with that Brian. They've got tin ears. I'd be happy just to get something distinctive that I can hear!! Big ask??

Brian416
Onlooker

Do you know if Arlo monitors this board for customer feedback?

Pjondeck
Observer

Brian

I had a conversation with Arlo on line. You can do that through settings/support on your iphone.

The support person explained to me that he can't easily contact the "engineering" people!!! Can you believe that?

He said he would send them an email about the problem!!! What a Mickey Mouse outfit this is. The whole show needs a management shakeup. How many of us have purchased this system ignorant of the shortcomings in such obvious requirements. I have a standing open ticket on this that I managed to get them to do otherwise they delete the ticked after 7 days if you, yes you, not them, have not done something to keep the ticket open.

What a disaster of an organisation! I'm still thinking of returning it not fit for purpose.

Good luck Brian

Chevyboy67
Tutor

So.I have been doing this for a number of years now and get the emails about the thread and the topics.  I saw a few recently about the alerts and it tickles me once again so I got fired up and went back at it.  I used face book on one of the Arlo advertisements to bash them a bit and then followed them. And used messenger to say what I had to say. And my last words were if you want to fix this dm me.  They did.  So I basically told them that this has been going on for years and they said they have moderators looking at the forum daily and advise back. It’s been going on way too long and needs to be fixed.   I then went on to tell them I will use every social media platform to expose the issues they have and give them a bad write up every time they advertise on Facebook   Let’s see if this gets them going. Because I’m so fet up I will do what I say 

9E226A18-31B6-4532-92B8-0FA541911E66.png

Pjondeck
Observer

Well done Chevyboy, thank you. It's like peeing into the wind I know but apart from returning the system (close) I guess we just keep banging at the door and hope someone hears us!!

chicproduction
Initiate

I have NO IDEA why @Arlo  they keep ignoring the hundreds of people complaining! I have to admit, I am starting to regret spending £500 on a start up kit! 

itskristiek
Fledgling

Would be awesome to have the ability to change the notification sound on the iPhone. Currently, it defaults to the standard text message sound. I'd like to be able to distinguish whether someone is sending me a text or someone is breaking into my home. Thanks!

ogxm
Aspirant

I used reversed logic on @itskristiek  and changed my regular vibration and sound alert to my 'txt' message notifications. At least I've eliminated the larger set of false alarms. But, it simply does not justify their lack of intent on providing this needed feature.

rbt1979
Fledgling

I also strongly support getting this feature ASAP. Arlo notifications sound the same as texts on my wife's phone and it's frustrating to not be able to tell them apart.

djskyhawk
Star

On Android it is easy to change the notification sound for Arlo.  Go to settings-Apps-Arlo-notifications-notifications (the word, not the button)-sound, then choose from the list.  This will only change your Arlo notification.