Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
RaptorRunner1
Novice

Might sound redundant, but I need more volume and a different sound. I am actually deaf in one ear and the volume is not good when I'm awake much less when I', asleep.

ducks
Tutor

I'd really like that too - Android user

Daveyboy3
Novice

I really need to be able to change the notification sound on my iPhone 6. When I'm at work the entire department go's for their phones every time my Arlo see's movement. Help!!

Cipollini
Tutor

I would like to use Arlo to alert me if someone is breaking into the house, especially at night while I am asleep. However, the push notification is only a short sound and vibration which probably will not be enough to wake me up. It would be great, if there was an option to have a real alarm that 'rings' until I turn it off.

JamesC
Community Manager

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Leesfriend
Fledgling

Basically, I think it is a bad joke, that you cannot customize alerts.

Shall I listen to e-mail-notifications all nicht or the standard signal without knowing, what ist ist.

I would think it a basic requirement to have configurable alerts for each camera.

paulsmitz
Apprentice

Here is how to do that... set up a new Gmail account... get it to email that account... set the email tone to something much longer!

Buckeyebulldog
Aspirant
A must in my opinion. If I am going go through the time and MONEY of setting up this system, I woild like the alert to be more than just a "you've got mail" notification.
Wigi
Novice

I think the Android app (and other smartphone apps) should have configurable notification sounds and vibrations. Most smartphone users have lots of notifications, and if someone is using Arlo for security (which is what most are using it for) they want to know immediately if the cameras detect motion. A distinctive and unmistakable notification is a critical part of that... if I get the same notification from Arlo that I get from an email or an RSS feed or a text message, there is nothing that draws my attention to that app as opposed to something else... ideally, Arlo notifications should be rare... so we need the phone to make a distinctive sound/vibration.

Naturecannon
Follower
Agreed, many request across the Web exist as well as here for a customized notification with arlo. I see this a a serious lack of customer support and the request is going to deaf ears. A no brainer.