Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
I would really find this valuable.
Marlow5000
Novice
I can't get text alerts
Cmillett
Aspirant
I've been checking and I don't see anything for text alerts. Not knowing why you need them, if you down load the FTTT app, which is free, you can make your own applet. Maybe there is something there that would be useful to you. Good luck
Cmillett
Aspirant
I use the FTTT free app Send set it up to ring my phone. I then went in and customized the ring tone to sound like a tornado warning. It truly wakes me up.
Good luck
Hill1953
Fledgling
Love my Arlo go but it definitely needs different sounds for alerts shut off all notifications on my iPad except Arlo I sleep with my iPad next to the bed that helped but it's not the perfect answer
You guys really need to update the iPhone iOS app so that you can change the alert sound when there is motion detected. The one that is standard is not loud or alarming enough for a security camera system. Please update as soon as possible or I will have to get a new system. Thank you.
Derekogawa
Novice

Seriously Arlo!!! Customized alert tones is a must!! Please make this happen!!

Nejehyusuf
Novice
I would like to see that you can change the alert sound. The sound that the alert makes now is equal to other apps in my phone. I would like a distinguished ring that way I know that it's my arlo and I have to check it. It would be nice to have the option to change the alert sound to something more loud or a siren sound. When I sleep, I would know that someone is breaking in when I hear that sound. Please help.
kalikirirahu
Novice

Wow this request has been going on from 2015 and still no update on the app. I should probably return this product as this doent work as expected.

Is there even any update from NETGEAR if this being developed?

JamesC
Community Manager

kalikirirahu,

This is currently available for Android. An update/announcement will be made if/when this will be made available on the iOS app.

JamesC