Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Change Geofencing permanent notification to 1 line not 3

The permanent Geofencing notification on Android is annoying.  Make it a 1 line notification rather than 3.  Take a look at the IFTTT application permanent notification as an example.  Notification real estate is valuable.  Taking up 3 lines for a permanent notification is unnecessary and annoying.  This is an easy fix.  Please schedule it for an immediate update.

Comments
XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

We all look at notifications constantly.  I don't need a large notification sitting permanently in my notification drawer telling me Geofencing is on.  Minimise its impact by reducing it to 1 line.

Please also consider setting the notification defaults to low priority, no visual popup, no sound.   Just for this notification, not the alerts for motion detection etc.

I understand that you introduced this notification to keep the monitoring process active due to changes in Android process management.  But that does not mean that it is a priority for users.  Minimise its impact.  If people want to be notified give them an option. 

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DawnM  Can you take a look at this one please.  It should be a very simple fix. 

The only reason this notification was added was because Android now requires persistent processes to have a notification (such as Geofencing monitoring).

IFTTT have been smart and minimised the impact by making it a one line notification.

Using 3 lines and repeating the title "Arlo" on the first two lines looks amateurish.

Notification real estate is precious.  Let's not waste it on a notification we didn't need to have except as a workaround.