Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
0 Likes

Change Arlo app navigation on Android. Back button shouldn't close app.

I would like to see the Arlo app navigation changed. I frequently find myself guessing which back button to push. For instance, most apps now on Android support the main device back button to go to the last page you were on. In Arlo 2.18.1 it just closes the app. The back button in the screen while on a device goes back to the previous week. If I want to go back to check another camera I have to go to Devices button. It is not intuitive and thus makes for frustration. I am also disappointed in the lack of user options within the app. No advanced settings. No pre-record, if the cameras are constantly watching why not record 15-30 seconds of data constantly and when motion is detected give me the video before the motion appears through to the end of the motion. This way I get a person walking up to the camera and not just the back of their head.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!