Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Camera security, password lock

Hi guys.

This one is probably for the support or research and development team.

Just wondering if there is any way you can make it pointless for someone to steal a camera from an Outdoor Security Mount? What I'm getting at is, say a camera is taken a considerable way from the base station it goes into a locked mode rendering it useless which can only be undone by the owner.

The reason I ask is because I don't find the outdoor security mounts offer much more security than the dome wall mounts.

I am working on modifying my Outdoor Security Mounts to make them anti-tamper. I know a determined thief would be able to get a camera or damage it if they really wanted to but I am making modifications which would make stealing the device a lengthy task which would require a set of tools and steps making it obvious what they were up to.

When I have perfected the process I will gladly share it on here.

In the meantime I thought I would ask if there were any plans to implement some kind of hardware/software protection solution.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

monsoon_qld
Guide

A little like an iPhone?