Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Accelorometer

It has been brought up many times that the Arlo cameras are too easily stolen. I would like to see an accelorometer built into each camera with some degree of sensitivity adjustments that when activated would let you create a custom notification like, "Front Porch Camera May Be Being Tampered With," and take a snapshot.

Brian

Comments
TomMac
Guru

so you can see how fast they are stolen    🙂 

brh
Master
Master

@TomMac

Too funny!

Brian

TomMac
Guru

Brian...

anything as you know can be stolen... the best prevention is a good screw in locking mount and placed out of normal reach.  If using magnets mount use a teather so it doesn't fall if knocked off.

Or a box like you made.

A user had a camera stolen by a squirrel and another a fox..  not to many by people over the last few years.

brh
Master
Master

@TomMac

How true that is. I thought of the idea because my Smartthings door sensors have these built in to notify the user if his door is being tampered with. A lot of people use them to detect someone knocking on the door. With so many complaints or people expressing that they are afraid their cameras will be stolen, I thought that at least a notification of the camera wiggling around would be beneficial. I will later take pictures of the two methods of using an electric junction box to more securely mount my cameras, but it is much too cold today. Even with the plastic boxes I used, it was quite a bit of work to make and I doubt if many people would take the time to make it. And they are ugly. Maybe after I post the pictures and make it a new idea Arlo could make a prettier and more secure box. These plastic boxes only cost a couple of bucks and I am sure Arlo could sell them for about $50 apiece ---Just joking.  Smiley Happy

Brian