Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Bird/Nest cams

A little research will find there is a fairly large market here.. please take a minute. I have a Screech Owl box that’s had the same pair for several years. I wanna see inside and there’s not a “Real” solution out there..

Every year during nesting season, Facebook Bird Groups lite as we watch lots of old school hard wired nest cams burn up you’re market. “Where can I gat a cam like that?”, Then we find out its wired and cumbersome. Consumers want a solution.

You’re regular products are great from the outside. I would bundle several A2’s w/ a bird cam it was out there. I’m waiting. The suggestion has also been put to your competitors.

Sure, I can modify and be fine with a hit and miss. I don’t wanna.... I want a turnkey. (Wink).

I’ve attached a pic of my owl box outside the bathroom window.. It’s available for a a test bed. I’ve had the same pair for 3 yrs now.

This is not hard for you guys. It’s pure win.

Nature Cams: Please consider for the enthusiast. The need is wireless, an appropriate battery, IR, Sound and motion with an near focus of 10" to X. The need is to mount inside the top of box. Are you up to the challenge? https://www.facebook.com/GrapevineOwlCam/videos/2245894312401554/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/169141634041126/

Comments
awickerham
Novice

Arlo, I would love to have you create a small enough camera to fit inside a bluebird box; preferably one flat enough to mount on the roof of the inside of the nesting box.  I love the way your outdoor cameras have a long battery life and the ability to be a good distance away from my Wifi box; one of your cameras in my bluebird house located near my house would be perfect to monitor bluebirds as they nest.  I currently have the Arlo Pro 2 system so a camera compatible with that would be perfect.

I'm sure that if you created one of these cameras, the bluebird world would be all over it.

~~Ann