Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Back up Battery for your Arlo Pro Wireless System

I have been resisting Arlos request to fill out their satisfaction survey....because quite frankly I'm not quite there yet...

My first issue of one of the cameras continually dropping off I believed has been resolved by placing the base unit high on the window with 2 sided tape(doesn't look great but the connection is holding)

My second issue is more serious...

We live in a rural area... lots of trees... not uncommon to have power outages...

The base station is hooked up to our router... power comes back on... the router seems to boot up ok but the base station stays down....and as I discovered today... if it's down for several days just turning it back on is not enough!... I had to retrieve 'all' of the cameras and 'resync' them with the base station... really? ...what were they thinking? ...so this system cannot be remotely rebooted if I'm lyeing on a beach somewhere...which was in fact my Grand Plan! ....so in the course of getting my system back up today ...I mentioned to both Gifta and her boss Praveen... ''how good it would be if Arlo had designed this with a back-up battery" ...the battery switches 'on' in a power outage... off when power comes back on.... really how difficult could that be? ... what is the point of having a security system that goes down (and stays down) when there is a power interuption?

.... anyway ...that's my rant... I would love to have a soulution to my problem so that I can do more than look at my $1,000 receipt and shake my head.

Comments
TomMac
Guru

How about a UPS... Power not only the base but yr router and modem.

Many all ready do this and I strongly recommend for remote locations ( like vac homes)