Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio alarm option built into the camera to scare away thief

This is a suggestion for Arlo. My cameras, that are installed about 7 to 8 feet off the ground, have been stolen by teens probably as a dare to their friends. I imagine one helps boost the other up high enough to reach it & they yank it off. Although, the video shows them before & during the act, their faces are mostly hidden by their hoodie outfits and the police detectives declined to pursue the incident.

But I recovered my cameras because they were in range & I could make out the location to find them from the still transmitting video.

I cannot mount the cameras much higher without significant costs. Also, it then would be difficult for me to change batteries or make adjustments.

To help prevent theft: suggest that in a future camera design it would have a built-in alarm triggered if someone gets near the camera at about 2 ft distance or moves it. I am thinking of the loud sound a typical smoke alarm makes!

Perhaps a loud noise from the camera would scare away the prankster/thief.

Teen cam theft screenshot 5 , 0017, 01-10-2018.png

Comments
TomMac
Guru

that's a pretty good pic...if someone knew them , it would be an easy id. ( surprized Police didn't make a case )

More than likely they are local