Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo with Bluetooth or 5Ghz

Arlo is a wonderful product and idea with a multitude of functions and options. However, with every device being wireless these days, Arlo gets lost in 2.4GHz. Arlo should seriously consider either 5GHz dual mode or even Bluetooth capability, completely beating this wireless noisy works we love in. I also read an idea about manually selecting quadrants for Arlo to monitor eliminating misfire alerts on moving trees or grass... Definitely a wonderful idea as well.

Comments
64-geek
Initiate

I have been working with wireless networking for about 15 years now and have found that the 2.4GHz used by the Arlo's as found in the technical specs information is most often corrupted. I have a current set of wireless cameras on that frequency and a clear picture is rare and when any of our microwave ovens comes on it is nearly impossible to get a clear image. A better solution would be to migrate to the 5 GHz band area. Tons of devices are on the 2.4GHz, like my GMR hand sets, cordless phones, and certain communication systems from rural airports and microwave ovens to name a few. My wireless network setup attempts were dismal prior to the availability of the 5 GHz band. There is little if any interference with it unlike the 2.4GHz systems. I use netgear hardware exclusively in my home network and favor it well.

natedilling
Follower

The Arlo Baby should be able to link via Bluetooth to my phone. So that when I am within reasonable proximity to the device I can get real-time (no delay) video and audio feed to my phone, regardless of wifi conditions. While this may not be practical for some of the security devices, this Would make the Arlo Baby a much more effective baby monitor.