Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo solar panel longer charging cable

The USB charging cable for the upcoming Arlo solar panel is 6 ft. However, in order to position the solar panel correctly for a few of my outdoor cameras that will be under eaves or awnings, it would be great if the USB charging cable was available in a 12 ft length. Please make this available as part of the ordering process.

Comments
Jeff3113
Apprentice
A thoight that came to mind. Rather than using solar. Maybe just have a cable end available for plugging in a charger. That 20ft cable would make it really accessible (for my situation). When the battery is low, get out there and plug in the ac charger. What's that, 2x a year?
Just need to protect the USB from the elements.
Just a thought.
Jeff3113
Apprentice
The 20ft cable allowed charging the cameras flawlessly. The large USB end is tucked away (upright) in an old 2oz container between chargings. Keeps the elements away.
BTW, Had the solar panels on order for months. Not like I didn't try!
bernsteinr
Aspirant
or if possible, also a shorter cable.  
brh
Master
Master

The problem with all these cables on Amazon or Ebay is that they come with a regular USB connector on one end and a micro USB connector on the other end. To be able to use the solar panel with the Pro camera the cable must have a micro USB connector on both ends.  I also need a longer cable. Also, if the cable that comes with the solar panel becomes defective, there doesn't seem to be a replacement cable available.

Jeff3113
Apprentice
I did find several options for USB to USB connectors. Silicone around the connection provides bulletproof connection. Hope what you end up with works reliably.
brh
Master
Master

As I stated earlier, the solar panel needs a male micro usb connector on it and the camera uses the same connector. Finding a longer cable with a male micro usb connector has been fruitless for me.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

I am having the same problem. I wish that Arlo could sell longer length cables as accessories as I have not been able to find any other cables anywhere that can extend the distance between the camera and the solar panel. The problem is that both ends of the cable are male Micro USB connectors and it seems that no one is manufacturing these.

Brian

JanJarvis
Fledgling
The very long Wasserstein cable seems to have a waterproof connection for the camera, but is intended for connection to a charger at the other end. It does not have a waterproof connector for the Netgear solar panel.
Jeff3113
Apprentice
I do believe one can get a USB female connector with the other end to fit the solar panel.
I would silicone the connections.
Nm74
Fledgling

ReadyPlug® Charging Cable for Scosche boomBOTTLE Rugged Weatherproof Wireless Speaker - Computer USB Charger (20 Feet)