Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Local Stream

It would be nice to be able to stream from the base while on the same network rather than from the cloud server.  Our DSL provider here is pretty pathetic. Live view has about a 12 second delay. This is not very useful for watching the other room.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

DSMagic
Star
I have the same problem and it is a serious one because I have a lot of theft occurring on a regular basis. I purchased the Ultra system because the police have always rejected my images as insufficient quality. But already I've observed suspicious activity during a live view and couldn't do anything about it because by the time I got outside the perp was long gone and the camera didn't record. The long delay made it impossible for me to do anything about the suspicious activity because it was done by the time I saw it. I think the best solution for this would be to store the Live capture on a microSD in the camera so it is accessible directly without even uploading it to the hub, let alone the cloud. A microSD in each camera would solve so many problems I can't understand why they didn't do it.