Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments
Lisey
Star

+1 for the first point - a doorbell cam would be brillaint

lukeduke
Onlooker

+1 for this, we currently have multiple ARLO cameras and I love the interface and ease of use but because there is no doorbell camera we are looking at ring but would much rather stay within the Arlo community if possible. 

bhusband
Apprentice

My friend uses the Arlo Pro audio to talk to anyone at the door.   I did look at many video doorbells they cost a lot and the Arllo Pro works better.

D_Hoque
Star

+1 for doorbell with wireless bell, have been looking at the Ring doorbell as an alternative but would much rather stick with the Arlo ecosystem.

_nd345
Initiate

+1 make it small, not like those huge ugly "Ring" brand, but smaller like the "Vivint" brand.

_nd345
Initiate

+1  Small like the "Vivint" brand, not ugly and huge like the "Ring" brand.  Also requires record while live stream ability.

+1 for doorbell 

+1 for narrower (like Vivint)

Chiwi
Aspirant

I have several suggestions. I know the first has already been raised but it really is a good idea so please don't flame me for it. They are:

DOORBELL CAMERA - There are already a number of dedicated products on the market but in honesty they don't appear to be as reliable as the Arlo. It would be nice to be able to leverage the equipment that I've already invested in.

DOORBELL BELL  /RELAY UNIT - Obviously if one presses the button on a doorbell, it would need to ring somewhere. Alternatively, producing a relay only unit would allow fitting ones own bells and allow other functionality.

PANIC SWITCH - Useful where one is monitoring an elderly relative. This means that the monitoree could initiate contact.

techmex
Follower

+1 for doorbell camera.  I have a 6 Pro camera setup, the only thing I am missing is the doorbell.  I currently have a camera pointed at the door through the window, it does a decent job but a doorbell camera would be awesome.  It's the only reason a lot of my friends have not gone with Arlo and have gone with Ring instead.

lukeduke
Onlooker

Yep, I just broke down and bought a ring unit, I love the Arlo cameras but it just doesn't fit the door bell use case. Can't wait to see what Netgear comes up with next, we are also waiting on the tablet addition for the baby camera.