Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Chime with Custom Sounds/HomeKit

It would be excellent to be able to use Arlo Chimes with:
- Custom sounds ;
- Apple HomeKit;
- Arlo cameras.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LTV,

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

I also wanted to let you know that you can use the Arlo Chimes with other Arlo cameras by using the custom mode. You can learn more here: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

m13cw
Novice

Would like to be able to upload custom mp3 so that my chime for my Arlo Video Doorbell will play the "Star Wars" theme.

Thanks.

Brian416
Onlooker

Please enable the option to use my own sound, on the Arlo Chime. 
You have a number of placeholders that say, “custom”, u def the available chime sounds, however, they’re just more pre-canned, doorbell sounds. 
Let the user upload whatever short, sound files, they choose. Why is it even called, “custom” when we can’t customize the sounds in any way?

AIRdomination
Novice

I definitely second having the option to add custom chime sounds. Would love to see this feature in the future sometime!

Wfolmer2
Fledgling
Please add HomeKit support to Arlo Chime. There is currently no siren that works with HomeKit. Chime would be the only one. I’m a parent of 2 littles and it would be great to be able to sound chime when my door sensors open/close during the day and sound the siren at night and when we are away. Is there a way to do this? I have Arlo hub, Arlo video doorbell, 3 Arlo essential cameras and an Arlo Chime. Right now I can only “arm” my doorbell to sound the Chime when it detects motion. This isn’t helpful because I don’t need to be alerted every time someone walks in front of my house, I need to know if they have opened my door. Any ideas?
StiviP
Novice
PLEASE allow us to use our own sounds for chimes. E.g. our favourite song
wholzgru
Fledgling
possibility to add/upload custom mp3 as sound for chime2 would be fine ...