Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Allow for recording clips to be watched continuously.

The videos need to be able to be watched continuously. It is nearly impossible to watch hundreds of 15 to 90 second videos. We need a way to watch the videos without gaps or clicking back to another video and then be able to delete all footage that we have watched (even if it consists of hundreds of clips). Without this feature I personally feel that the cameras are not valuable since 80% of the footage goes unwatched and then is purged at the 7 day mark. PLEASE HELP

Thanks     -Rick

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

Rapmanrick,

When using the mobile app you can swipe to get to the next video. This function is similar on the web client (click the ">" symbol to move on to the next video in the library).

Currently, you can select all videos (for a day) and mass delete after you're finished viewing them. On the mobile app, this can be done by selecting a video and then tapping the select all button. On the web client, this can be done by clicking select and then select all.

More options for a continuous view for library content is a great idea though, thanks for sharing!

JamesC

Tpatters
Novice
We are really looking for this feature as well. It takes a long time to swipe through each video one by one. It would be convenient to play them all at one time. If you could add this feature that would be great!
mandysutton
Novice

I would also really like this feature - we are often looking for something in particular and there can be 100s of clips to look through.

BMichael
Novice

Arlo-provided system is unusable for me - viewing dozens/hundreds of clips one at a time on PC (not interested in trying to view on a phone). I want to fast-forward through a camera's entire day's recordings without having to click three times for every few seconds worth! Only current solution is to put power to all cameras and continuously record, then watch the whole day. That results in a WHOLE lot of "empty room" viewing. (And wasted storage space.)

Even better would be a view where ALL cameras were "on screen" at once. Playback by time - cameras not recording at the time would 'freeze frame" on the last image captured. This would easily allow tracking someone as they move from camera to camera, which is what I really want from the system. This is only doable at present by continuously recording, then using 3rd party software to show all the videos simultaneously. Again, power to cams and wasted space.

SueBre
Onlooker

Seriously? I'm new to this type of system. I thought it was just a learning issue. When I read the same comments I saw "a continuous view for library content is a great idea". I'm shocked, "great idea"? No, no, no. a huge design flaw. I regret paying so much money only to find out there's no point in using it. Dearest designers, product rollout teams, and of course, sales and marketing - you have to be ashamed that your skills are so far below industry standards. Let me guess, you thought you were doing a good job.