Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow Arlo Smart Customers to Configure Notifications by Type

The whole "If Motion is Detected" needs an AND option to include what type of motion:

People
Vehicles

Animal

Package

Other

When configuring modes this granulatarity is needed to minimize unecessary notifications and excessive noise.  A mode needs to be able to have multiple options per camera.  i.e.

If the following: Front Door, Motion Detected
- AND "Motion is People"
- THEN "Record Video"
- THEN "Push Notification"

The "AND Motion is People" needs to have a complex set of boolean options.  IS People and IS NOT Vehicles, etc.

I don't want to be notified by "Animals" on some cameras, ever.  Additional, there are OTHER cameras that animal notifications are the ONLY thing I want notified on.  It's nice Arlo can categorize what it detects but unless you can create rules/triggers on those they are useless.

Useless.

This logic is already built into the Library, where you can select and limit what you see in the library.  That concept needs to be moved over to Modes and Notifications.  Maybe a customer only wants to be notified if they have a PACKAGE detected on their front door and nothing else.  Maybe they want a push notification for a package but an email if a person is detected. 

Or, maybe they want push notification for packages 24 hours a day but only push notifications if a person is detected after 9pm, etc.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Mandatoryswe
Tutor

This is such a much needed feature for anyone considering to buy the Smart feature. I was actually so sure something like this would be possible when I purchased the Smart subscription, only to see I only got smart notifications, but no way to automate anything around them, like for instance sound the alarm if there is a person in the back garden.

Can this please be implemented? I am sure it would bring a lot more subscribers to your Smart subscription.

Mickiwul
Star

i Need this 2

Mandatoryswe
Tutor

Is this coming? Must be many wanting this!