Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
mb23
Onlooker

Definitely a required feature. Otherwise the system has a major flaw. Cut electricity and do whatever you want. I have the router and Arlo base on backup battery but I won't know if the arlo base looses server connectivity or camera looses connection with base. 

WV-Kevin
Initiate

Yes!  I have a Samsung Smarthings Hub.  Samsung pings my hub every so often and alerts me if it's offline.  By now, I would think Netgear could do the same thing.  It would be so beneficial and give everyone a feature that many other technology manufacturers/products already have.

JustLearning
Apprentice

Yes please!

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

schrades500
Fledgling
Well it seems that our Community talk is just that, I read this forum and some date back to 2016 about this issue and Arlo Personnel have done nothing about this and seems to me have made NO comments on this fix or for a better word lapse in their product
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

kcovkcov
Onlooker

Would be nice to have push notification when device goes offline

bhusband
Apprentice

This would be a great alert to have if the basestation goes offline and reset options too.

IDGUY
Guide

Those of us using Arlo for security need a push notification on internet down. I laso use a Homeboy camera, but like the Arlo better, except for the lack of notice when the internet is down. The Homeboy does an instant push when it's down, and another when it's restored, so I'm using it as my backup, but.Arlo should definitely have this.

peter555
Aspirant

I agree with this idea!

I think it's important to get a notification/email when a camera goes offline.  The other day.. my camera went offline.  I did get the low battery notification (which is great.. thanks!). but a day or so later I stopped getting any notifications at all.  Seems that the camera had fully died.  I couldn't believe the system wouldn't alert me to that.  My house was 'unprotected'.

Seems like it would not be too tough to add that.  If the battery dies, someone steals the camera, etc.  I would like to know with an alert when it drops off the network.  Thanks much!