Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Add slider switch to app to allow forcing color video mode at night

Add slider switch to app to allow forcing color video mode at night.

Could have 3 modes... Auto, Color, B&W. Or just... Auto & Color.

I have my Arlo Q Plus facing out a window with a bright street light. Night Vision is off due to glass reflection.  (Thank you for the option to turn it off.)  In 1080p, the Camera eventually switches to black & white even with the street light.  I understand why it's programmed to do that, however, due to my lighting situation I would like to lock it in color mode.  While watching a clip I could see that the color mode was clearer (sharper) than the b&w mode before it switched. Plenty of street light to see everything in color mode.

Having color video could also help to identify a subject or vehicle more easily.  In b&w mode you have no idea what color anything is.  Not very helpful to the police.  

Please consider this request, as for me, it's a matter of extra security that should be relatively easy to add and increase the value of the Arlo Q Plus and possibly all the other Arlo cameras.

Thank you.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!