Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Activate a certain mode when connected to home wifi network (alternate mode to geofencing)

If I get connected to the same wifi-network with a defined smartphone/tablet, the mode of the arlo wire free or arlo q should automatically switch to another mode, for example "deactivated". This mode is an alternative to the geofencing-mode, but it's quite easier to program I think...

Comments

Very good and simple idea!

This feature would also take away worries from certain users who are reluctant allow Netgear to geographically locate the position of their respective mobile devices.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Geofencing would be more reliable and use less battery if it used your home wifi connection to determine if you were home.  It could also use proximity to the arlo base station wifi and MAC address.  Make this an option.

f5kkrs
Observer

Today is 2018 October 9th. Still no word on this NO-BRAINER feature. Come on Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

f5kkrs
Observer

@ShayneS This feature has been suggested a long time ago. I'm planning on returning my 5 arlo cameras + base and going with Nest despite the higher monthly cost. What good is a security system that doesn't work? I also know that I'm not the only customer returning their Arlo system. I am extremely appauled that your product management team hasn't prioritized this feature. It is such an easy (and superior) solution to the terrible geofencing experience. If this feature is released before my return window for Nest expires, please let me know and I'll consider switching back.