Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Activate Camera LED for Motion & live View

Sometimes it is not clear if the app is connected to the camera directly, or if the content goes over cloud.

Would be nice if there was a simple way to check it (or a visual indicator to see it).

Comments
adzify106
Star

Someone has already suggested this but never got through to the idea exchange.

Currently the orange LED will activate when Arlo Pro 2 is in 'Motion Detection Test Mode'.

Would be great to allow this to activate when armed and motion is detected not just in 'Test Mode',

Would be useful to have the blue LED activate when a user is viewing the Live Stream.

Essentially a switch to enable 'Undercover Mode' with no LEDs and a 'Visible' mode which enables the LEDs.  I want intruders to know my cameras are there and actually working.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Zieglermf22
Novice

I would like to add or stream music through this camera if possible. Maybe be able to add mp3s.