Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access Log/History

It would be great to have a basic or advanced log/history feature, first of all to see who of my friends logged to the system and at what time, also to ensure that nobody is using my account (in case hacked or someone stole my credentials). Also it would be better to send any of the above activities by email or SMS notifications so that in case someone hacked my account and accessed the cameras I will have the chance to immediately take action. A dual authentication might be useful as well where whenever there is a login attempt, I will receive a pin on my mobile which I need to input on the login screen... As nowadays security is a must, in my opinion the above would give a higher ranking for your product and a better customer satisfaction.

Comments
Kae77
Novice

It would be really nice to have access to the login access activity that activated users have in a Camera (especially Baby Cams), and also the action taken on each one e.g. 

Sometimes devices get lost, user credentials gets compromised and you just want to have a glance of who has login in to your cameras, especially those that are inside your house/residence.  Hence, checking the access for those users associated to the account to access the devices, would be really helpful. 

UsernameDateTimeAction 
John Doe2/9/20184:30 PM CSTDownload video
John Doe2/10/201810:30 PM CSTDownload pictures
John Doe2/11/20184:30 PM CSTDownload video
arlouser00745
Fledgling

When will there be camera access logs? so many people have requested it and netgear refuses to do it - this is a big security problem for a company that offers "security" cameras....if this will not be an option please let me know? - i'll be putting all my cameras on Ebay if not.

rashley02
Novice
1. Two factor authentication should be standard (or at least an option) for logging in. 2. There should ALSO be a way for us to see a log of recent logins (IP Address and location) so that we can determine if there seems to be unauthorized logins. Thanks!
SG17
Observer

Keep me logged in!!!

mhanley05
Aspirant
Spoiler
It would be nice to be able to view system and connection logging to troubleshoot issues and to offer support when there is an issue.
alebrod
Novice

I agree that an undeletable log is absolutely necessary for any security system, and Arlo is no different. We need one NOW.

alebrod
Novice

Arlo needs to have a log file for all events - power on/off, network connect/disconnect, arm/disarm, camera on/off, user logon/off, password change etc.

This is a very basic function which would allow users to audit activity. It is essential. 

Zachfarra
Fledgling
I think we can all benefit from having a view in settings to see who and when our account could have been accessed. A “log in log” of sorts.
Secondly, i want to receive a notification when/if someone logs in. I.E. im logged in alll the time, if for some reason my wife logs in or worst case... someone else who shouldnt have access, i will receive a push notification that i have been logged out, and then proceed to the “log in log” to view the activity.
Security.... isnt that the point to begin with!!!
Long story short, i have a feeling “someone” is accessing my account or system or even just the cameras, but i have no way to find out. Its a security system, this needs to be fixed. ASAP!
borice
Initiate

Hello.

I am surprised to see that nowhere in the mobile app or "My Arlo" website there is an event log where I could see a timestamped log of events that were triggered.  I would like to be able to see a list of such events, like when motion is detected, or sound is detected, or when the siren is engaged, etc.   I would expect to see details for each logged event such as:  date, time, device type, device name, event type, duration - where:

date = the date when the event ocurred

time = the time when the event ocurred

device type = the device type (camera, siren, ...)

device name = the name of the device ("front door camera",  "living room siren", etc.)

event type = the type of event being logged ("motion detected", "siren activated", etc.)

duration = the duration of the event (if applicable and known)  (like in the case of "siren activated", it would say for how long the siren has been active ... 5 seconds, etc.)

The reason for this is that just a few minutes ago, some sort of siren (like a fire alarm siren) has kicked in at my house for about 3-4 seconds.  Neither myself nor my wife were doing anything at the time that would've caused this. The alarm was disabled.  We can't even definitively figure out which alarm it was... if it was the Arlo siren, or the Carbon monoxide alarm, or the Smoke alarm.  These are the only 3 alarm sources in my livingroom area.  I'm guessing it was the Arlo siren, based on how it sounded, but I'm not 100% sure, and can't even imagine what triggered it.    (there would've been NO reason for the carbon monoxide or smoke alarms to kick in --- we didn't use the fireplace (only gas source), and there was no smoke whatsoever in the house)

Given that there doesn't seem to be an event log for Arlo, I can't verify for sure if it was the Arlo siren that kicked in, and what was the reason it kicked in.

Thank you!

Chris_king10
Novice
It would be very helpful to have a text base log of activities with the cameras., Log changes in the app, battery status, motion/sound, show which user changes the mode deletes files and when the app is logged onto. I don't know where a feedback option is but here we go.